- This event has passed.
Sharpening 1: Basic Knife Sharpening
February 6 @ 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Have some knives that have gone dull? Maybe even nicked and in bad shape?
Come in and learn how to get that good-as-new (or even better!) sharp edge back using the old-school way – sharpening stones.
You can bring your own knife or cleaver to work on (non-serrated – we are not covering serrated). That’s all the knives in the picture except the 4th from the right. We will provide practice knives to get you started, and then you can bring your own back to a fine edge.
The course will cover:
• Differences in knife construction and quality – they have different purposes
• The evils of overheating – and why you want to do it by hands-on
• Profiling (bringing back a badly damaged edge) vs sharpening
• Different sharpening stones and their advantages – diamond, sandstones and ceramic
• Other sharpening tools – advantages and disadvantages
• Leather strops for finishing the job
This is a hands-on class. Be prepared for some effort as you work on the different sharpening stones.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
IF YOU REQUIRE ACCOMMODATIONS, CONTACT [email protected] BEFORE PURCHASING YOUR TICKET. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO HOST YOU.
REFUNDS WILL ONLY BE GIVEN IF YOU EMAIL [email protected] WITH MORE THAN 72 HOURS REMAINING UNTIL THE CLASS. ALL OTHER REQUESTS WILL BE DEALT WITH AT THE ORGANISATION’S DISCRETION AND REFUNDS MAY NOT BE GIVEN.